Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Banana "Ice Cream"

Hello friends!

Tonight I made a new treat that my friend Ashley over at The Banner Planner told me about. 
She ordered one of those Yonanas Frozen Banana Ice Cream makers. 
Have you heard of it?
You make "ice cream" out of frozen bananas!

Well, I didn't want to spend FIFTY bucks on that contraption so I used what I had on hand. 

First get some bananas that are starting to brown, so they are nice and soft.
Dice them up and freeze them.

I put them into our food processor and pulsed away.

You will soon start to see it turn from frozen chunks to smooth and creamy goodness!

I added a little bit of chocolate syrup in the hopes that the hubby would try it (he hates bananas)

Yum! 

You should try it. How easy and HEALTHY is this "ice cream"?

7 comments:

  1. yeah I only spent like $15, thankfully. I would not have ordered it otherwise.
    It's good when the bananas are starting to have brown! I want to try it with strawberry, bananas, and maybe a little nutella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a must try!

    Have a lovely day! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love banana ice cream That's the kind my mom use to make when I was a kid, sooooooooooo good.

    Thanks for the gracious comments on my new treasures. You asked about the silver. I use Tarn-X and it works wonders. Just get it at the grocery. Super easy. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tons of bananas that I freeze for this exact thing and smoothies!! I love it more than chocolate sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids grew up eating frozen bananas made into "ice cream". I sometimes added blueberries or strawberries or chocolate sauce to the bananas as a topping. Another favorite is freezing ripe sweet mangoes and making them into "ice cream" the same way. They are so sweet an yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...